InPost - the largest independent postal operator – together with NCR has won Postal Technology International Award in the category of 'Retail Innovation of the Year'. The jury recognised the InPost Postal Terminal - a joint effort of InPost and NCR Corporation as the 'Innovation of the Year'. The Award ceremony took place on October 1st, during the Post Expo 2013 in Vienna.
Postal Technology International Awards have been granted since 2009 by the Postal Technology International magazine and the organisers of the Post Expo. The awards honour companies providing postal and courier services that significantly contribute to the development of the postal industry. InPost Postal terminal has won with such established rivals as the automated terminal KePol LS offered by the Austrian company KEBA, and RiposteTouch, an innovative application introduced by the international company, Escher Group.
“Being a global innovator, InPost has been gradually implementing other revolutionary projects such as the Postal Terminal. According to our forecasts, the devices enabling to send or receive parcels, withdraw cash, and pay bills, may replace traditional post offices. The development of automated postal points gives us further opportunities for expansion into domestic and international markets. We are delighted that our work has been recognised and the Postal Terminal has won the recognition of the Postal Technology International Awards Jury. The victory in the category of 'Retail Innovation of the Year' is a huge success for us"- said Rafał Brzoska, CEO of the Integer.pl Group.
The Postal Terminal is fully integrated with ATM produced by NCR, a leading global manufacturer of ATMs and self-service solutions for other industries. The terminal combines functionalities of sending and receiving letters and parcels 24/7, with full range of financial services, including payment for the service, bill payments and cash withdrawals/deposits. Currently, the Postal Terminals are under operational tests.
‘In the age of smartphone-internet revolution all service solutions gain even more importance. In e-shops we buy books, clothes and groceries, we use Facebook to arrange meetings with friends, we pay bill using internet and mobile banking platforms – we basically expect technology to make our life easier and save our time. Following this trend NCR and InPost invented ‘Postal Terminal’ – self-service solution that gives us an opportunity to collect our parcel from e-shop and withdraw/deposit cash’ – says Michal Mierzejewski, NCR Global Account Manager managing cooperation with InPost in NCR Corporation. ‘Since Postal Terminal premiere on 2012 POST EXPO in Brussels we observe growing interest in our solution from many banks in Europe as they see in it considerable business opportunity. Every InPost locker sidecar added to deployed NCR ATM means approximately 2000 additional transaction made on an ATM, which simply means additional 2000 contact with bank’s name and logo – additional marketing channel.’
In June 2013 InPost has won the international World Mail Award for the fourth time. This time, the company had triumphed in the 'Customer Service' category, defeating such companies as Singapore Post and Liban Post. In 2013, “New Industry” monthly magazine and the Wnp.pl portal recognised InPost as the one "that changes the Polish industry". Thanks to the voices of consumers, InPost has also received the title of "Superbrands Created in Poland in 2013" in the "Media and Service Providers" category.
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables more than 300 million transactions daily across the financial, retail, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier.
NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with over 26,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
InPost – Modern Post
InPost is the largest independent postal operator, the most serious market competitor of the Polish Post, acting on a nationwide scale since November 2006. The company belongs to the Integer.pl Group. InPost provides both traditional as well as non-standard postal services to individual, businesses and institutional customers. Since the full liberalization of the Polish postal market, on 1 January 2013, InPost may provide services on the same terms as Polish Post, although offering much more attractive prices, so the company provides a full range of traditional postal services, including the delivery of items up to 50g.
InPost has its own technical and logistical facilities to support the national-scale operations. Currently, the company provides postal services via nearly 1,300 Customer Service Points in 340 locations across the country. Shipments are delivered to more than 8000 cities in Poland. In 2012, the company delivered more than 200 million shipments.
Apart from the traditional postal services, InPost’s flagship services include:
• InPost Parcel Lockers [paczkomaty] - modern automated self-service terminals enabling collecting and sending orders seven days a week, 24 hours a day, without any queues and at a convenient location
• Power Post (hybrid mail) - a comprehensive service combining functionality and features of e-mail and the traditional printing and postal services, that enables to send letters in the printed version without leaving home or office
• Outsourcing of e-documents, including e-invoicing service
InPost is ready for further, strong expansion in the Polish postal and courier market. The objective for the end of 2013 is to have 2,600 branch offices, to provide services for institutional clients in more than 11,000 locations and 750 locations covering individual clients.
InPost development plans include:
• Increase market share in postal and courier services segment to 22% by end of 2013
• The systematic increase in the number of letters delivered - with a decline in traditional mail volumes by about 5% per year
• Consistent development of leadership in the e-commerce sector
• Further expansion of InPost parcel lockers on international markets - the deployment of 16,000 machines by 2016
• Commercial launch of InPost parcel lockers on the global markets
• Project implementation and winning new contracts with public institutions and local government units by InPost and InPost Finance
The rapid increase in the number of delivered parcels - from 28.1 million in 2008 to over 200 million in 2012 – such circumstances allow for very ambitious plans, including the consistent pursuit of the leading position on the Polish postal and courier market. The current goal is to support as many locationa as possible throughout the country.
InPost, the largest independent postal operator is the winner of numerous awards, including:
- Four-time awarded in the international competition, World Mail Awards: in 2013 in the 'Customer Service' category, in 2011 in two categories: 'E-commerce' and 'Innovation', and in 2010 in the 'Growth' category.
- In 2013, “New Industry” monthly magazine and Wnp.pl portal recognised InPost as the company "that changes Polish industry".
- In 2013, thanks to the votes of consumers, InPost received the title of "Superbrand Created in Poland in 2013" in the "media and service providers” category." This prestigious award granted for the first time in the history of the competition was given only to the brands created in Poland.
- In 2008, InPost was the laureate of "Teraz Polska". In 2009 the company was honoured with the title again.
- In 2008, InPost was the laureate of the European Medal - as part of a competition organized by the Business Centre Club and the Office of the Committee for European Integration - for the highest quality standards in business and company management.